So this is 50?
I never thought I’d be 30 due to my first cancer battle. So it’s pretty awesome to turn 50 today!
The best birthday gift I ever received was our miracle, Connor. I was just 22 weeks pregnant when I got the diagnosis of Burkitt’s Lymphoma and was advised to abort my baby. I chose not to abort my child but to take chemo while pregnant. This is a picture of Connor and I on my 27th birthday and on the day he was born. He was born 6 weeks premature and weighed 6 pounds. There is no way to describe the pure joy we felt that day!
Happy 23rd birthday Connor Scott Leadley. I love you more than you’ll ever know!
Today, on my 50th birthday, I have received hundreds of emails, texts and phone calls. I even received two FaceTime calls from Australia. Each one of my 3 children wrote me a letter which are gifts I will treasure forever. Two very heart-felt messages from my son-in-law and daughter-in-law will also go down in the books.
I’ve had celebrations with many friends and it makes me think that I will have 50 parties this year to celebrate 50. So when would you like to celebrate with me?
I am truly blessed. Thank you to each of you! I thought it would be fun to recognize 50 lessons that I’ve learned over the last 50 years. I was amazed at how fast they came to me.
Many of you love to give gifts and it would truly mean so much to me if in honor of my 50th birthday, you donated to provisionproject.org. Even a dollar would help a current woman battling breast cancer pay her expenses. I’m off to my next party. Cheers!
50 Lessons I’ve Learned over 50 Years
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Expectations minus reality equals disappointment.
- You’ll never have joy in your life without taking risks.
- With adult children, only give your opinion when asked.
- There are seasons for all things including friendships.
- Success begins and ends with people.
- Get the right people on the bus, in the right seats on the bus.
- It’s ok to kick people off the bus.
- Allow people to help.
- Accept gifts as cheerfully as they are given.
- Don’t be sad it’s over, just be happy it happened.
- A whisper when angered goes further than yelling.
- 5 brains are better than one. Eccl 4:9-12 two are better than one.
- What if your chaos was your chance?
- Miracles happen, share them with everyone.
- Let go, let God and trust the people He’s put in your life.
- Believe in what’s unseen.
- Close your eyes, sleep will change everything and tomorrow will always be a better day.
- Communication is key.
- Doctors don’t always know. That’s why it’s called “practicing medicine.”
- Know and listen to your body, it will tell you.
- Don’t be discouraged by what you can’t do. Find what you can do and do it well.
- Recognize temptation and RUN away as fast as you can!
- Forgive yourself.
- Forgive others.
- Freckles will never blend together and give you a tan.
- Take care of your skin, it’s your largest organ.
- Never discipline in anger.
- Adore your husband with words, actions and commitments.
- Celebrate moments.
- Make memories.
- My children are a gift from God and they are HIS children. I just get to be their mom.
- No one is getting out of here alive. Make it count!
- Don’t allow people to hold you down in life.
- Do not be misled:“Bad company corrupts good character.”1 Cor 15:33.
- In marriage, always fulfill one another’s needs before your own.
- Express your gratitude.
- Apologize when you are wrong.
- Hire people smarter than you.
- You don’t always have to be right. Take constructive criticism.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all. (And I love every minute of it!)
- Hair is not your beauty and is over rated.
- In difficulty, capture your journey through photos, video and or a journal. Don’t be afraid of what you look like.
- Always have a back up plan.
- Look good, feel good.
- Have faith bigger than your fear.
- There is convenience in having no options.
- Ask more questions.
- Retail therapy is a thing!
- God gives us the gift of life. What we do with our life is our gift back to Him.